02 June 2014

Central Australia Odyssey

A year ago we were on our Central Australia Odyssey. When we got back I did a post on the drive up, on Uluru and Kata Tjuta, but never got further. Today (some time later!) I continue with diary extracts from Kings Canyon.

Me, and Ali in the distance (up ahead)
Headed off to do the Kings Canyon Rim Walk after breakfast. 6km in 4 hours. Rated moderate to hard; but for me, the hardest physical thing I've ever done. Began with a set of steep steps up up up. Started off taking lots of pics but as the hours passed and the day grew warmer, I lost the will to photograph. It was all very rugged and beautiful. So glad I did it.
Afterwards, drinks at The Thirsty Dingo!

A sign at our camping ground

A reminder for overseas visitors

Beautiful, cool pools of water in the gullies

Mind the gap!

Isn't this tree just so beautiful!

The Canyon

2 comments:

  1. Those beautiful trees could have been painted by Albert Namatjira and reminds me of the words from my favourite Australian song, "I Am Australian" http://moourl.com/5jlxz

    ReplyDelete