21 May 2014

Reasons to be cheerful

54 years old today! But there will be no moaning and complaining. Though I'm no longer young or thin. I am happy and well, and most importantly I am here. I have friends who haven't made it to this age, and others who are in poor health. 

Today I embrace my wonderful life, and count my blessings. In fact I will make a list:
1. My daughter & my adoring and adorable husband
2. My amazing parents. I'm so thankful that they are both still around
3. My siblings, who are also my friends; and my extended family
4. My friends, some I have had for 40 years! others for as "little" as 10
Thank you all, for being you. As Oscar Wilde said, "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
5. This beautiful Autumn day

I am indeed blessed.
Love to you all,

Hariklia

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Patti!

    In case you're wondering why I appear to be less than popular, I had a lot of well wishes on my Facebook page. Nice to have a comment here!

    ReplyDelete