25 August 2013

Good-bye - for now

It's been a great three years, blogging here and getting to know a lot of great people, many of who I now consider friends (you know who you are). But I must admit my enthusiasm is now lagging, and more importantly I need to focus on writing my novel.
It's been a year since All Windows Open my novella and short story collection, was published, and what a year it's been. Although it isn't exactly flying off the shelves, I have had some great feedback and received support from many unexpected places. Thank you firstly to everyone who bought a copy. Really: Thank you!!! And to everyone who has mentioned my book on their Facebook page or blog, or written a review - you are ACE!!
Being short listed for the NSW Premier'sLiterary Award was HUGE, and getting a review in a national paper was FAB. But now I want to take the next step and write a full length work. I have been fortunate to work with a terrific mentor Maria Tumarkin who has been talking to me and skilfully guiding me toward what I really want to write about. Now that I am on my way, I want to give it my full attention. When I am done, or if anything very exciting happens: I will be back!
Meanwhile I will still be updating my Facebook page, so please find me there and keep in touch!

If you would like a copy of my book, it really is available everywhere: Amazon, Booktopia, InfiBeam, Book Depository etc. The eBook is ridiculously cheap: about $2 or $3.


Stay safe, happy and healthy everyone!

Love
Hariklia x

15 comments:

  1. I love what you've done here, Harik, but can understand why you're putting it on hiatus and think you're making the right choice! Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pinky, and thank you for all your regular comments - I really appreciated your thoughts; and I will (indeed) go get 'em! x

      Delete
  2. Have so enjoyed the blog (especially the London bits of course) but am eager to read your novel! Keep us posted on progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same to you girl, onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's such a world of riches here. You were in the thick of the action. Your impressions and insights are in the realm of greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...I've already told you how I feel. I wish you nothing but the best and I look forward to what you do in the future! I'll talk to you soon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to still be in touch - but it was the blogging that brought us together! xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Hariklia I met your sister a few days ago and she was lovely....she told me about your book and I cant wait to buy it I know it will be a great read....I am also a Hariklia (so few of us!) but go by Ricky....enjoying your blog.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to "meet" you Ricky. Yes there are so few of us! Thanks for looking up me and my book.

      Delete
    2. Hi again Hariklia, I have started reading your book and I love it as I knew I would.....I am reading it slowly because I don't want it to end!....I can relate to just about everything and its like reading about my own family in alot of ways...so many funny bits too....I would never have known about you or your book if I hadn't accidentally met your sister in a medical office! Ricky

      Delete
    3. So glad you're enjoying it Ricky.

      The biggest problem I've had with my book is getting it out there, so people know about it. Those who have read it seem to like it (unless they're all lying to me!). So please spread the word: recommend it to your friends, suggest it to your book club, if you're in one, etc. Thanks again!

      Delete