06 April 2013

1983 Gigs — Iggy Pop, Siouxie & the Banshees (inc Robert Smith)

Thank you to everyone who commented yesterday! It's so interesting to look back. I noticed I saw Iggy Pop in 1983, 30 years ago, and he was here again just recently. That man has staying power!
Robert Smith came out, as hired guitar slinger for Siouxie and the Banshees.
TISM played their debut gig in December. This was preceded by a scattering of I Can Run gigs.
Scant Regarde were flavour of the year, a band from Perth who relocated to the East, and were great live, but never made it big.
Tomorrow will I continue this theme? or go somewhere different? Not sure. Suggestions welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with a bit of Iggy Pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying this theme. How was Lene Lovich?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you're enjoying the theme, tomorrow we're up to 1986, which is when I moved to London.

      Lene Lovich was really good, I was right up the front and took some good bw pics, which I must post sometime.

      Delete
  3. I just found my Skyhooks ticket the other day for that Festival Hall gig - It was the only time I saw them and I remember being so excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another overlap Robert! I didn't know you'd been in Melbourne.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Melbourne born and bred. I still call it home - I just happen to live elsewhere.

      Delete