31 December 2012

The Great Ocean Road


31 December 2012
I've been on some great road trips in my time: London to Thessaloniki, New York to San Diego, Melbourne to Sydney, LA to San Francisco, but I have to say that the most scenic stretch of road (in my opinion) is The Great Ocean Road, which is not too far along the coast from Melbourne.
We've just come back from a short break in Geelong, and did a couple of day trips along the Great Ocean Road. We visited the waterfalls near Lorne, the beach at Apollo Bay, and the Otway National Park which has an elevated walkway through the canopy of the rainforest – a-maze-ing!
This picture of the beach at Lorne was taken (by me) on an iPhone and zhuzhed in PhotoShop.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice Hariklia, have a good new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've just got back from a week at Apollo Bay - it's beautiful isn't it. Also walked amongst the treetops and then went to the nearby Triple Falls on an "old-style" walking track. Think I enjoyed that more. I'm always amazed how fine the sand is along that part of the coast.

    ReplyDelete