15 November 2012

Skyhooks at the Princess Theatre




 4 November 1976
16 years old
Melbourne
I'm a little late with this diary entry, but Skyhooks fans will appreciate this anyway.

I distinctly remember this concert.  I think these were the best tickets I ever had to see them - sixth row! My photo is still, nevertheless, crappy. Thank you Kodak Instamatic!
I can't believe how tiny the date is on the press ad: 6 or 7 point type - why on earth?! I was so proud to be from the city that Skyhooks were from, on this "This is our City" tour. They sang about Carlton, and Balwyn, and Toorak - nearby suburbs. I can't tell you what a thrill it was to hear these names in songs, rather than NY, LA or London that were far away and beyond my teenage experience. They made me feel special.
Tickets: $4.90. Support: Stars, another iconic 70s band.


6 comments:

  1. Tickets $4.90...I love it! As for the picture, it reminds me of some of the instagram pics I've seen online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, Mel - Instagram vs Instamatic... and yes, the price just goes to show that inflation has affected everything.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They were not well known outside of Australia, Fran, and probably a bit dated now - but very cool in the mid 70s!!

      Delete
  3. i'm on a skyhooks retro mood at the moment...was on youtube this morning to relive those great memories...they will never die

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get in those moods too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete