07 August 2012

Discovering New Bands


7 August 2012
52 years old
Melbourne
It's so much fun discovering a new band. They don't even have to be brand new, just new to me. Sunday night I saw Sky Parade supporting Mark Gardener (ex Ride) and they were cool! After their set, and a set by the Underground Lovers, they played again as Mark Gardener's backing band. It was a killer gig, and afterwards I met some great people, just as I used to in the old days when I saw bands every week, and I was young and open to the world. I still like to think I'm open to things – for an old person!! A couple of sisters, Lisa and Elsa (?), who reminded me so much of me and C about 20 years ago were so much fun to chat to, and later in the band room – surely you know me well enough now to know I HAD to get into the band room, my friend Mary and I chatted to Joel, the drummer from Sky Parade. What a sweet guy. I asked him how old he was, and he said "old". I have to confess that I am slightly obsessed with age. I pegged him at about 28. If he ever reads this and sees I'm 52 – well then he'll know what old is!!
They are playing again tonight, headlining at The Grace Darling Hotel in Collingwood.

3 comments:

  1. We're never too old to enjoy good music Hariklia....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! It makes me feel like I need to get out more! And are is only a number!

    ReplyDelete