12 June 2012

My long weekend


12 June 2012
52 years old
Melbourne
Dinner at Movida Next Door with Craig: Spanish heaven: Sardines, green peppers, crusty bread. Then, across the road for a documentary about Ray and Charles Eames at ACMI. What an inspiring couple. A big thank you to Craig's mum for coming over to look after Ali.
Sunday was the last day of a Roy Lichtenstein exhibition at Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery. We met our friend Nicola and her family there. So nice to catch up. I've always loved his pop art work. At the bookshop there was a book about Andy Warhol, which I didn't have – well, I have it now!
Lunch yesterday was shrimp po-boy from Gumbo Kitchen, a mobile food van with authentic New Orleans fare – delish! Followed by coffee at St Edmonds in Prahran, our latest favourite coffee spot.
Food, film, art, food, coffee. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Gotta love Melbourne!

3 comments:

  1. Always good to check in at one's least favourite spots periodically to make sure they're still as awful as we remembered them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounded like a damn good weekend especially the food!

    ReplyDelete