01 June 2012

The Joys of Public Transport


1 June 1983
23 years old
Melbourne
Went into school by P.T. I read my book, almost relaxed, standing up. The train jolted and I flew or fell to the floor. I rolled along/across the carriage and banged onto the other door. It was SO embarrassing, flung right across the carriage. I didn’t look at anyone. I just picked up my book and myself and continued reading – how ever will I face the people on the train again, they’ll all recognise me – urgh!

Picture courtesy of Benjamin Solah, a fellow writer, blogger and Melburnian.

3 comments:

  1. I visualised that as I read it...FUNNY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you wouldn't blame yourself and feel shame if this happened today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd still be VERY embarrassed Mr Pink!

      Delete