22 May 2012

The Day After


22 May 1987
27 years old
Living in London
Woke up feeling so relieved that it wasn’t my birthday. Got 3 wonderful cards. A groovy dinosaur one from Andrew and Ian, an ultra fab one from Kon, a pop-up Melbourne one, totally brilliant and another one, brilliant only because it was sent by Tony. It made my day. Felt a bit horrid cause I felt it did not compare well with the other 2. He is not as creative as my usual friends, not as zany, then again he is studying and has no time, and he has other qualities. It’s just Kon’s card is so fab, nothing else compares.
Felt better at work. After work met Kerry and Rachel and went to Finsbury Park (Sir George Robey) to see The Shamen. Spacemen 3 on first were good too, very psychedelic. Also there a boy K met ages ago from Cambridge, who was in the last band Storm (I think) – Stephen. It freaked her out to see him there, and his mum. I freaked out too after 2 drinks, I shouldn’t drink when I’m depressed. Cried a lot. Went outside and chatted with K and felt a bit better…she’s so happy now with Jamie and in contrast my relationship with Tone is a mess. A complicated mess. I felt so bad. But we talked it out and we both said some really nice things to one another and I did feel better. Came home and decided in bed not to drink at all til I feel better, spiritually.

4 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of the movie and tried to figure out if it was based on a true story, and got my answer: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/yemen/9241821/Theres-no-salmon-fishing-in-Yemen-tourist-board-warns.html Glad you had fun yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered the same thing - thanks for finding out!

      For anyone else interested, the answer is: no.

      Delete
  2. I don't understand cards but then again I'm a man!

    ReplyDelete