06 May 2012

INXS


6 May 1985
24 years old
Melbourne
Got an exciting new job at school, designing tour posters, handbills and billboards for INXS’s upcoming National tour. One person’s design (out of 28) will be used and will receive one thousand bucks and national publicity. Just my bag!
S gave me a free double pass to The Flamingo Kid; just when I was so creeped I wasn’t going to speak to her, I had to be nice. Rang C and she met me in at school after life drawing. We drove in and saw it for FREE. Matt Dillon looked WONDERFUL, the film was good, very good, but not brill.
Saw a few celebs there, Mick Peeling – ex “Stars”, Jeff Crosby [Hunters and Collectors], Mark Seymour’s brother [Nick from Crowded House], and the ex Split Enz drummer.

The rock poster design job really was my bag. My design got picked and used; it was plastered all over the country; I got the money, bought a one way ticket to London and it ended up changing the course of my life!


2 comments:

  1. Very very cool...

    Although I think you shouldn't have worn such a form-fitting garment -- a little too racy for daytime wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some thoughts along the same line: funny how I wore baggy clothes when I was thin. A total waste of a reasonable figure!!

      Delete