01 May 2012

1 + 1 = 3


1 May 2012
51 years old
Melbourne
Sometimes the whole is greater than its separate parts. Take for example Morrissey and Marr – together in The Smiths they produced a combination of music and lyrics that touches the soul, tickles the mind and is great to dance to. Separately? Sorry, but just OK. There are endless examples: Dean and Jerry, Lennon and McCartney (even if they wrote separately within the Beatles, better than solo stuff – I think) and any good marriage.
Thirteen years ago today, Craig and I tied the marriage knot, two years later we became three. I think the right partner makes you a better person and helps you reach your full potential. Without Craig, becoming the writer I want to be would be ten times harder. He is supportive and encouraging in every way. In turn I think I’ve added to his life (quite apart from our gorgeous daughter), perhaps some fun and adventure, and for someone inherently risk averse, a sense of unpredictability! Oh, and I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – no one makes me laugh as much as my husband does.
Craig – I think you’re ace!

1 comment:

  1. Two is nearly always better than one and loneliness!

    ReplyDelete