16 March 2012

U2


16 March 2012
51 years old
Melbourne
After the thrill of meeting Sting yesterday, I thought I’d follow up today with more famous people, though the date doesn’t follow the strict parameters of my blog. I flounce convention!
Thanks to The Angry Lurker yesterday for asking what Sting was like to talk to, you can read my reply in the comments. I’m glad to say that in contrast (to Sting) these four Irishmen were lovely in every way. I’m not actually sure of the date I met them, the concert program (signed by all four band members) lists the Melbourne dates in September, but what was the year? 1983, or 1984? Does anyone out there know? It was U2’s first tour of Australia.
Also, I’ve decided to rename the blog post Red letter (red light?) day to the more apt, A series of Fortunate Events. Meeting The Police led to meeting my husband. How? Well you’ll have to read it and see!
Oh yeah, and tomorrow I meet The Pretenders.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Hariklia, thanks for the memories - i was at their concert in 1984 - i think i went twice in that tour - i found this on the web...http://www.u2tours.com/find.src?TOUR=Unforgettable+Fire+-+1st+leg&Concert=&x=9&y=13...:) Unforgettable fire was my favourite album of theirs - Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Once again, I find myself incredibly jealous. Every U2 has come to Michigan (or anywhere in the general vicinity) I have not been able to go...for various reasons, including having my tonsils removed (I remember that one...1997) or not being able to get out of work. I am looking forward to hearing how The Police had a part in your meeting your husband too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met U2 in Ireland, I worked as a chef in Bono's brothers restaurant, the brother was an arsehole but the band were fine...

    ReplyDelete