24 March 2012

Edinburgh


24 March 1988
27 years old
Living in London, visiting Scotland
Arrived in Scotland. Woken by the guard bringing in a cup of tea. AT and I didn’t know if we were there or what, as we didn’t know the name of the [train] station was “Waverley”. Got off feeling wrecked, we only got about 3 hours sleep. It was very cold.
Set off down the road. The main street has a wonderful view of the castle and surrounding gardens (where the moat used to be). It was all so lovely.
We got a room at the first B&B we tried. I was going to say something like, “Excuse me, do you have any vacancies,” but AT beat me to it by saying, “G’day do you have a spare room?” I couldn’t believe it – “G’day”. Later when I told him he didn’t believe he’d said it!
We dropped off our things and had to go as our room was still occupied. We paid our deposit and were registered as Mr and Mrs A. Although I know I’m not too keen on getting married, I couldn’t help but feel pleased.


Out of date Polaroid film, adds mystique to all my shot of Edinburgh!

3 comments:

  1. So is "G'day" as cringe worthy as "get 'er done" is here?

    AWESOME pics, by the way!! The faded film makes them even cooler!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a bit 'Crocodile Dundee' and unsophisticated - for me!

      Thanks (re pics) I like them a lot too.

      Delete