13 January 2012

Rome by night


13 January 1990
29 years old
Visiting Rome
…Afterwards we went for a walk to the Spanish Steps. It was very cold, but dry and Rome looked wonderful by night. We also went past the Trevi Fountain and other sights. It was a really nice night, by the end I positively hated the thought of leaving Rome tomorrow (and not seeing Bob again). Lee and I discussed trying to get my flight changed, which would mean letting my ticket go and buying another one – so crazily extravagant. But the thought of returning to dreary old London, when Rome is so sunny and we have a party to go to tomorrow night, is unbearable.

This is one of my favourite pictures of me, which was taken on this walk.

3 comments:

  1. I can see why it's one of your favorites! You look ready to star in a Fellini movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you are killing me! love these rome posts!

    ReplyDelete